100 North Tampa
Tampa’s Premier Downtown Address
THIS INFORMATION IS INTENDED TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS PEOPLE ASK MOST OFTEN ABOUT
100 NORTH TAMPA. WE HOPE IT ANSWERS YOURS.
- 100 North Tampa is a 42-story office tower located at Ashley Drive and Tampa, Washington and Whiting Streets in downtown Tampa.
- Officially the tallest structure on Florida’s west coast, 100 North Tampa rises just over 579 feet above mean sea level.
- 100 North Tampa features 552,080 square feet of leasable space and 13 levels of fully-enclosed parking for 592 vehicles.
- Construction of the $108 million project began in May, 1990. The building opened in July, 1992.
- 100 North Tampa was developed by Paragon Group, Inc. in joint venture with AIG Real Estate Investment & Management Co., Inc.
- HKS Architects of Dallas designed the building. Beers Constructions of Atlanta was the general contractor.
- The foundation mat of the building is 9 feet thick, weighs more than 35 million pounds and contacts enough concrete to pave 2 lane highway 8 inches thick and 2 ¾ miles long.
- 100 North Tampa’s exterior features Polished Rosa Dante granite quarried in Spain and pewter tinted reflective glass. Architectural features include articulated granite cornices, sculpted corners and curved bullnose shapes on the north and south ends. Set back at the 38th and 40th floors, the building peaks in gables surrounded by metal grillwork and is topped by a Gothic-style green standing seam metal roof.
- Along Tampa Street and Ashley Drive, 100 North Tampa features pedestrian arcades paved with flame-finished Rosa Dante granite. More than two dozen native live oak and bald cypress trees line the sidewalks.
- A 24-foot clock tower stands at the corner of Tampa and Whiting Streets, designed for 100 North Tampa by Edward D. Stone, Jr. and Associates (EDSA).
- The granite arches that frame the building entrances are 40 feet high.
- The lobby features a detailed barrel vaulted ceiling, walls clad in granite and Australian lacewood with gold leaf filigree and floors composed of honed granite, inlaid with granite medallions and polished bronze.
- The center of the lobby features two murals by internationally renowned New York artist Richard Haas. Measuring 24 feet by 16 feet each, the murals depict scenes from Tampa’s history, including 16th century Timucua Indians and Spanish explorers, the 19th century Seminole Indian leader Billy Bowlegs, Ybor City cigar workers and the military preparing to leave Cuba in 1898. Commissioned especially for 100 North Tampa, the murals are the largest works Haas has ever completed in canvas.
- Building amenities include a full-service Regions Bank branch and ATM in the lobby, an auto detailing service, a tenant conference facility, a dry cleaner, sundry store and a shoe shine service.
- A full-time concierge provides a number of services for 100 North Tampa tenants including the coordination of meeting and parties, restaurant reservations, theatre and concert tickets, publication of a newsletter and the loan of umbrellas on rainy days.
- Newly remodeled, 8,400 square feet Fitness Center Facility. A variety of work out equipment including free weights, shower and lockers. Free for all building tenants. Call 813-221-7180 for further information.
- Twelve high-speed, computer-controlled elevators serve the office floors and three equally sophisticated elevators link the garage levels to the main lobby.
- Computerized environmental controls monitor and respond to outside climate changes, maintaining consistently comfortable temperatures throughout the building.
- Each office floor features 12 corner offices. There are approximately 22,000 square feet of office space per floor on floors 16 through 37; 17,577 square feet on floors 38 and 39; and 13,037 square feet on floors 40 through 42. HVAC and other mechanical systems are concealed by the roof on the 43rd level.
- The rounded “cones” on the building’s north and south ends are constructed of fiberglass and contain satellite dishes and communication equipment.
For further information contact the concierge at 813-221-7180.