Building and General FAQs
100 North Tampa
Tampa’s Premier Downtown Address
As Tampa’s premier downtown address, 100 North is a landmark and the tallest building in downtown Tampa. With numerous new investments in energy-efficiency, upgrades, attractive public areas and comprehensive amenities, 100 North Tampa attracts corporate office tenants from a diverse array of industries and markets.
100 North Tampa is a leader in sustainability, having achieved LEED® Silver Certification and awarded the Energy Star® designation for seven years running.
Please contact Philip Dinkins via email or phone 813.221.7188.
- In 2009, 100 North Tampa achieved LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver Certification. This prestigious certification is awarded only to those properties that meet numerous, stringent prerequisites and credit requirements established by the non-profit United States Green Building Council’s LEED® green building certification program.
- Beginning in 2008, and every year thereafter, 100 North Tampa has been awarded the Energy Star® designation by the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency/Department of Energy as being among the top 25% of facilities in the country for energy performance.
- 100 North Tampa has received the BOMA Office Building of the Year (TOBY) award numerous times.
- 100 North Tampa is a Class A building and Tampa’s tallest office building.
- The building features 552,000 square feet of leasable space and 13 levels of fully-enclosed parking for 603 vehicles.
- Construction of the $108 million project began in May, 1990 and the building opened in July, 1992.
- The foundation mat of the building is 9 feet thick, weighs more than 35 million pounds and contains enough concrete to pave a 2-lane highway 8 inches thick and 2 3/4 miles long.
- 100 North Tampa’s exterior features polished Rosa Dante granite (quarried in Spain) and pewter tinted glass. Architectural features include articulated granite conices, sculpted corners and curved bullnose shapes on the north and south ends. Set back at the 38th and 40th floors, the building peaks in gables surrounded by metal grillwork and is topped by a Gothic-style green standing seam metal roof.
- The granite arches that frame the building entrances are 40 feet high.
- A full-time concierge provides a number of services for 100 North Tampa tenants, including the coordination of meetings and parties, restaurant or theatre reservations, publication of a newsletter and the free loan of umbrellas on rainy days.
- Twelve high-speed, computer-controlled elevators serve the office floors, and three equally sophisticated elevators link the garage levels to the main lobby.
- The building amenities include a full-service Regions Bank branch in the lobby, an auto detailing service, a tenant conference facility, a dry cleaner, a shoe shine and repair service, a full-time concierge, sundries shop and a YMCA facility.
- HKS Architects of Dallas designed the building, and Beers Construction of Atlanta was the general contractor.
- 100 North Tampa was developed by Paragon Group, Inc. in joint venture with AIG Real Estate Investment and Managment Co., Inc. The building was purchased by Prudential in 2007.
- Each office floor features 12 corner offices. There are approximately 22,000 square feet of office space per floor on floors 16 through 37; 17,577 square feet on floors 38 and 39; and 13,037 square feet on floors 40 through 42. HVAC and other mechanical systems are concealed by the roof, on the 43rd level.
- Computerized environmental controls monitor and respond to outside climate changes, maintaining consistently comfortable temperatures throughout the building.
- The rounded “cones” on the building’s north and south ends are constructed of fiberglass and contain satelltie dishes, which make possible 100 North Tampa’s state-of-the-art communications capabilities for tenants of the building.
- Special parking spaces in the garage are marked with storks and reserved for expectant mothers who work in the building.
Q: Where is 100 North Tampa located?
A: 100 North Tampa is located at 100 North Tampa Street (at the intersection of Whiting Street) in downtown Tampa.
Q: How far is 100 North Tampa from Tampa International Airport?
A: 100 North Tampa is just over seven miles from Tampa International Airport – about an 11 minute car ride.
Q: What are my transportation options between the airport and 100 North Tampa?
A: Taxis offer a non-stop Airport Flat Rate between downtown Tampa and Tampa International Airport. HART (Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (813) 254-4278) buses stop at the east end of the red baggage-claim area.
Q: Is there space available for lease at 100 North Tampa?
A: Information on available space is available here. For the most up-to-date information, contact Philip Dinkins via email or by phone at 813.221.7188.